Substitute Bus Driver
Bus Drivers are qualified to drive a regular school bus including those containing special features and equipment to assist students having mobility and other access problems over designated and special routes for the purpose of transporting students to and from school. Transports students on special trips and athletic events.
Work Year: On-call Part Time
The position requires a High School diploma or the equivalent and successful completion of 20 hours of classroom instruction related to skills, regulations, and safety requirements for driving a school bus and successful completion of 20 hours of instruction behind the wheel of a school bus.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required
The position requires a High School diploma or the equivalent and successful completion of 20 hours of classroom instruction related to skills, regulations, and safety requirements for driving a school bus and successful completion of 20 hours of instruction behind the wheel of a school bus. Requires valid Commercial Class A or B Driver’s License; medical examination card; valid California Special Driver Certificate with PS Endorsement, and valid CPR and ARC First Aid Certificates.
Condition of Employment
- Insurability by the District’s liability insurance carrier (Lift Test)
- passage of pre-employment drug testing (DOT), and Random Drug Test(s)
All of the following documents are required for this position:
- Certificate Copy (T-01 - Copy of State Department of Education Training Certificate)
- Certification (DMV DL 45 - Special certificate to drive a school bus in CA. Must not include Restrictions 2, 3 or 4.)
- CPR/First Aid Certification (First Aid Card required if a restriction 6 appears on the DL 45)
- DMV Printout (K-4 (last 3 years/end page of document must be included), not older than 30 days)
- Driver's License Copy (Commercial Driver's License with P and S endorsement)
- Other (Proof of Current Automobile Insurance)
- Proof of HS Graduation (HS Diploma or HS Transcripts or Equivalent (ex: GED))
- Test Results/Materials (DMV DL 51 - Medical Certificate (Must be current))
Twin Rivers Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal, and/or Chief Human Resources Official of Human Resources/Labor Relations (CCR Title 5 and Title IX Officer), Gina Carreon, at 916-566-1736. A copy of TRUSD uniform complaint or TRUSD non-discrimination policy are available upon request.